California Car Insurance Limits
- $15,000 – Bodily injury or death of one person in an accident caused by the owner/driver of the insured vehicle.
- $30,000 – Total bodily injury or death liability per occurrence in an accident caused by the owner/driver of the insured vehicle.
- $5,000 – Property damage per accident caused by the owner/driver of the insured vehicle.
California Statue of Limitations
- Three (3) Years for Damage to Personal Property Claims
- Two (2) Years for Personal Injury Claims
- Six (6) months for Lawsuits Against The State of California and all Government Entities
What To Do After A Car Accident in California
- After stopping your vehicle, pull up as close to the accident as safely possible, without obstructing traffic. Assess the situation, do not panic and be aware of the traffic situation, and any other dangers, such as fire.
- Do your best to provide assistance to other motorists, passengers or pedestrians that may have been injured in the accident. Take extra care when attempting to move an injured person; if possible, wait for an ambulance to arrive. Contact 911 to report any injuries and call for medical assistance. Also inform your local California police, sheriffs department or California Highway Patrol.
- If you have been injured in the accident, it’s important to stay calm. Ensure that you are out of danger and not blocking any oncoming traffic. Call or wait for help, and do not attempt to move if you are unable to do so.
- If you are involved in an accident in California, you are required to provide certain information to the other parties involved:
- Name, Address and Contact Details such as Phone Number, Address, and Email
- Driver License Number
- License Plate Number of the Vehicles Involved
- Auto Insurance Information for the Motorists Involved
California Department of Motor Vehicles mentions that it may be useful to take photographs at the scene of the accident.
- If you hit an unattended vehicle, you must make an effort to find the owner or driver, and follow these same procedures. If you are unable to locate the owner of the unattended vehicle, you are required to leave a note indicating your name and contact information, and a brief description of the accident.
California Personal Injury Attorneys and Insurance Claim Questions
If you’re interested in speaking with someone regarding your accident or an insurance, Nationwide Report has partnered with Valiant Advocates; a multi-state attorney matching service who will help connect you with an experienced attorney in your local area. Valiant Advocates also connects you with 12 different Legal Areas which include the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accident Claims such as Car Accidents, Truck/Big Rig Accidents and Motorcycle Accidents
- Personal Injury Claims including Bicycle Accidents, Slip and Fall or Brain and Spine Injury
- Wrongful Death Claims such as Fatal Car Accidents, Catastrophic Injury and Negligence
If you have any questions regarding the benefits or your interested in connecting with an attorney in your local area, contact Valiant Advocates at (800) 910-6668 or complete their easy-to-fill form to be connected with a top-ranked California attorney.